When You Are An Area Director
As area director, you serve as the direct liaison between the district and the clubs. One way that you serve clubs is through the area club visits conducted at least twice a year. These visits are crucial to understanding how clubs are fulfilling member needs, and how the district is successful in supporting and meeting the needs of each club.
Here is a checklist to help you prepare for your role:
- Start by downloading the Area Director’s Expectations Pre-work and complete assignments.
- Download and complete the Area Club Visits Pre-work and complete assignments
- Review the below resources before attending the first training of the program year to familiarize yourself with the resources available.
- Review the District Timeline. Take note of key dates and monthly focus. Click here for the District Timeline The timeline will be updated as needed.
Area Director Resources
- Serving Clubs through Visits
- How to Build a Toastmasters Club
- Club Leadership Handbook
- Toastmasters International District Recognition Program
- District Leadership Handbook
- Distinguished Club Program and Club Success Plan
- Speech Contest Rulebook
- Training Club Leaders
- Club Status Guide
- Dashboard Quick Guide
- Participant Workbook for Area Director’s expectation training session
- Participant Workbook for Area Visits training session
- To view all of the Area Director Training Materials Click here and it will take you to Toastmasters AD/DD training